Virginia Community Capital is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life for Virginians. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk and Richmond, we offer innovative and flexible financing tools throughout the state. In addition, we provide professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities.
LOCUS Impact Investing is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the non-profit, Virginia Community Capital (VCC), a regulated, certified CDFI with over $218 million in assets under management. LOCUS was created to provide a comprehensive set of tools including foundation strategic capacity building, strategic community and economic development assessment, financial due diligence, fund aggregation, landscape assessment, deal sourcing, investment servicing (credit and equity), monitoring and tracking to empower foundations to invest directly in community and economic development projects. In addition, LOCUS partners with community foundations to create impact investing options for their donors wishing to engage in place-based investments that are aligned with their charitable intent.
VCC is currently seeking an efficient and detail-oriented Community Investments Analyst who will support the company’s various business lines by providing critical analytic support necessary for making strategic decisions regarding programming, funding and technical assistance needs.
The Community Investments Analyst will produce research and data analytics projects and products across all VCC business lines. Primary responsibilities include data tracking, analysis, compliance reporting and program evaluation. The person in this position will also collect, analyze and report research on new and existing initiatives, trends and best practices in the field of Community Economic Development and offer recommendations for expansion or adoption of new geographies, products or services and ensure the integrity of all data reported. The Analyst will also conduct special research projects and present findings as needed.
Education, Experience, Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree required from a 4-year College or University with a degree in Urban Planning, Statistics, or Community Development Finance; and demonstrated course work in research and analysis.
• The ideal candidate will have published research results; either independently or as a member of a team.
• At least 3 years of work experience managing and analyzing data and/or GIS and finance
• Understanding of best practices in data hygiene and database management
• Ability to obtain data relevant to performance monitoring from company databases and other sources
• Strong computation skills, especially using Excel, and the ability to learn and use other data management and analysis software
• Experience performing statistical analysis
• Excellent Word, Excel and Windows file management skills mandatory
Ability to create reporting templates in Excel and Word
• Experience using PowerPoint and data visualization to present findings
• Familiarity with Salesforce
• Familiarity with Access a plus
• Demonstrated ability to structure research projects to meet/answer key questions about issues facing underserved communities throughout the country.
• Keen attention to detail and experience producing professional, error-free reports and documents
• Ability to manage and support time-sensitive and complex projects and to problem-solve
• Experience teaching, coaching, or training is a plus
• Familiarity with social science research practices is a plus
Compensation and Benefits: VCC offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, and paid time off. The Community Investments Analyst salary range is $60,000-$70,000 based on experience.
To Apply: Please mail, email, or fax resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Virginia Community Capital (ATTN: Human Resources)
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
Fax: 804-939-6180 ext. 191
VCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCC does not discriminate in hiring or employment